- Posted by Eve Vincent
- On June 2, 2018
If you are trying to Update ASUS Motherboard BIOS to the latest version, but you keep getting “Wrong file type” or “Get blocks error”, and you are unable to solve it. So, you don’t need to worry about this error! Because maybe the BIOS fail to update, due to depending on BIOS files that you store on a USB device. Means if you use AI Suite and try to update May also not matches the model of your Asus Motherboard. Always remember trying to update application that comes with the BIOS download. Therefore, here are mentioned the best approachable solutions to Fix Asus Bios Update Get Blocks Error, that suggested by Asus service support professionals. So you just need to follow the above steps to get rid the issue.
Solutions to Fix Asus Bios Update Get Blocks Error |Call 1800-541-9526
Solution 1:-Updating BIOS on an ASUS Motherboard
Sometimes, the incorrect steps of Bios Update occur, such type of error. So, Updating BIOS is advisable in the instance of new features (like support for new CPUs and unlocking CPUs) or fixed features (often, this is RAID). You have need to follow the below- given steps to Bios Update in Asus PC in the correct manner.
Follow Steps to Updating BIOS on an ASUS Motherboard
- Boot to BIOS. Navigate to “Tool,” then “EZ Flash” option.
- Then check your current BIOS version.
- Download the most recent BIOS iteration from the official ASUS website. Store this to a USB device.
- Now, boot to BIOS. Navigate to “Tool,” then “EZ Flash.”
- Next, select the USB device. Then choose a file, and then press “Enter” Key.
- Then you will be prompted one final time before applying the update. Review this and accept.
- Now, reboot upon completion.
- Next, check the BIOS version again to ensure the update was applied.
You will need to re-apply BIOS settings manually.
Solution 2:-Detecting Floppy Drive A Media
Sometime, this error arises during POST: BIOS ROM checksum error. So you should try to detecting floppy drive A media by the following way.
- First, detecting floppy drive A media by Insert system disk and press “Enter”.
- If the support CD supplied with motherboard is available, then restart system and put support CD into the optical drive, then the system will recover the BIOS automatically using Crash Free utility
- In case, if the support CD supplied with motherboard is not available, then prepare a formatted floppy disk, then unzip the BIOS file downloaded from ASUS website into the floppy disk.
- Now restart the Asus system and insert the floppy disk into the floppy drive, then the system will recover BIOS automatically using Crash Free utility.
- Check the error is determined. If this solution is not helpful after the troubleshooting the steps, then please prefer the clear CMOS procedure, as mentioned in the next solution.
Solution 3:-Clear & Reset CMOS
Then you should try toclear CMOS. You should always reset the CMOS after updating the BIOS, because your old BIOS settings of the Asus system could not work together with your new BIOS version. The exact process should be found in the mainboard manual.
If the problem still persists, after performing all the solutions, then please contact experienced tech support technicians to get prompt help.
Related Blog: How To Fix Asus Live Update Failed To Connect Issues?
Get In Touch With Experts at Dialing Asus Motherboard Support Number:
You can hassle-free dial Asus Support Phone Number, 1800-541-95265 which is accessible 24×7/365 days to your online assistance. Through number you will connect with a team of well-experienced and certified technicians, who hold sound knowledge in fixing any kind of complicated to complex Motherboard technical difficulties. The experts will give you the comprehensive solutions to resolve your Asus Motherboard technical problems. Hence, connect with our proficient experts now at dialing a toll-free number, and it assures that you will get the instant replies for Asus Motherboard problems.